Friday 22 August 2008

*Sigh*

Crap! How did I manage to not exercise tonight?

I know. It's because I opted to fix my daughter's beloved duck, instead. She's had him since she was 8 months old, and his neck had finally gotten so worn that I was afraid she'd wake up one morning clutching his mutilated body, with his head rolling around on the floor somewhere.

So I got out some yellow fuzzy yarn that I'd bought a while ago for just this purpose, and made a...scarf, or something...a dickey, perhaps? Anyhow, made this fuzzy yellow piece to go around his neck (after re-stuffing it, of course). All was going well, until it came time for me to go pick up her older sister Kaila from work and she herself had to go to bed.

I told her that I would finish sewing on the new neck while I was gone. This was apparently not good enough. After all, how did I expect her to sleep without the duck?!? I insisted, though, and left with duck in tow. Got most of the new neck sewn on while waiting for Kaila, and finished when I got home. Then I took him up to his owner, who, even though nearly asleep, was very glad to see him. She kept petting his new fur and thanked me very prettily for fixing his neck.

I think I can be forgiven for not doing my workout tonight, yes? It was, after all, a very good cause! :)

1 comment:

Nettie said...

I didn't get to the gym today either, which now makes two days in a row. Having eaten everything in sight it will make for a scary experience next time I hop on the scales...